The Whats, Hows, and Whys
Jumping into the world of essential oils can be very intimidating and overwhelming. We know. We've been there! In order to help make the transition easier for you, we have gathered what we feel is the most pertinent information for you to have readily available, for you to understand, and for you to practice in your essential oil journey.
WHAT is an Essential Oil and what does it do?
HOW do you use Essential Oils?
Various healing responses in the body can be caused by enhaling essential oils. Here are three different methods on how to do so:
1. Direct Inhalation
Simply smell the oils. You can rub place a drop or two of oil in your hands, rub them together, and cup your hands over your nose and breathe in or you can inhale them directly from the bottle.
2. Diffuse the oils
An essential oil diffuser, disperses the oil into the air in a micro-fine vapor. Extreme heat can damage the important properties of an oil, so it is important not to use humidifiers or oil burners.
Add a few drops of essential oil into a bowl of hot water and cover your head and bowl with a towel. Then breath in deep and slow.
Topical application is not only safe with many essential oils, but it can also be an enjoyable, relaxing, and healing experience for you. Here are three different methods on how to do so:
1. With a Carrier Oil
Measure a carrier oil (coconut, v6 vegetable, grape seed oil, etc.) into the palm of your hand or into a glass container. Then place the needed drops of essential oil into the carrier oil. If you mixed in a bowl, pour the mixture into your hands and then rub your hands together and apply the oils to the desired area. Repeat if needed.
Place the needed drops of essential oil into the palm of one hand. Rub your hands together and then rub them onto the desired area. Be sure to follow the label on each individual oil to know if the oil should be used neat or not.
3. With a Roller Fitment Lid
Use the roller fitment lid to roll the essential oil on the desired area neat, or predilute the oil in the bottle with a carrier oil if needed.
There is some research that concludes that some oils are more effective when taken internally.* Here are three different ways on how to do so:
Add several drops of essential oil into an empty capsule and swallow with water.
Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to a glass of water or rice milk.
Drop the essential oil directly onto the tongue and swallow. Exercise caution with this method as many oils are extremely strong.
*Caution: Only pure therapuetic grade essential oils, proven safe and labeled as dietary supplements should be used internally. Dilution and dosage is dependent on the age, size, and health of the individual.
WHY Choose Young Living?
The oils from Young Living are 100% pure. Nothing added. Nothing taken away. They are not laced with synthetics that are harmful and dangerous, and they are not lab replicated. They're not cut with a carrier oil (unless you purchase a roll-on which has a carrier specifically so you don't have to carry it with you). It's taken directly from the plant. This gives peace of mind that even a 100% organic label from another company can't give me. Additionally, Young Living is the ONLY essential oil company in the world that owns their own farms to grow their crop. Every other company buys their product at some point. Young Living tests and maintains pure, organic, therapeutic grade from the time the seed is put into the ground to the time it's sealed into the bottle.
Therapeutic grade oils are almost never sold in retails stores. They might be organic, but they distill it in a way that is cheaper and faster (hence the cheaper price tag) which kills the compounds that make up the molecules; meaning that the healing properties are gone. So, don’t expect healing properties from them. When oils are distilled at low temp, low pressure the healing properties are preserved, but it takes a lot of time and a lot more money to do it that way. Over 90% of the oils that are sold as “essential” in America are food or fragrance grades and are NOT suitable for healing applications. Young Living oils are safe to apply, diffuse AND ingest... because they are 100% organic. If you see "do not ingest" on the bottle, run in the other direction because you're basically buying it for the smell only. Just like the food industry, "legally" there only has to be 10% of the actual oil in there to be considered 100% peppermint (or whatever oil it is)... which is part of the reason Young Living oils are so great- there are no fillers, additives, etc etc. Truly, you get what you pay for with essential oils.
There are many reasons not to buy oils on Amazon. Many are pretty scary and concern your health and your family's health. We know that you can get YL oils for cheaper on Amazon and that's tempting (we all want to save money), but you have to think about how/why they're cheaper. Here are a few things to consider.
1. You can't guarantee that the oil that is in that bottle is pure. What if they filled it with carrier oil or a cheaper oil to make a buck? It's so easy to reseal bottles, it's crazy. You simply buy the lid with the seal attached and push it on. You can get them in bulk for next to nothing in price. When you buy YL oils, you're PAYING for quality of product. There isn't product on the market that is better than YL when it comes to quality. NONE. So why give that up for a couple of bucks? Read this!
2. We KNOW that Young Living's lowest price given is the distributor price (which we get), so why would anyone ever buy an oil and then sell it for cheaper? That makes no sense unless the oil that they're selling isn't a sealed, new bottle of YL oil.
3. You have no way to verify how old the oil is that's being sold or how it's been stored. Storage is important in oils (just like in wine). Even if it's 100% pure it can go bad if you store it wrong. Stored properly, it can last forever.
4. When you buy from YL you have a guarantee that your oil is going to be 100% pure and of the highest quality. If you don't like it or if something is wrong, you can return it. We know you'll love it just as all of the Lemon Droppers do, but if there is ever anything wrong with your order, call customer service or hop on live chat and they will fix it for you!
Check out Young Living's Seed to Seal Guarantee to learn more!